Sunday, March 14, 2010

New on Etsy!! Floral Cotton Shift Dress & Circle Cut Out Tank

It has been a busy busy weekend for me! Etsy slowed down dramatically the past 2- 3 weeks and I have been trying to figure out what happened exactly!? After looking through my shops over and over, I realized that a large percentage of my shop consist of Fall/ Winter clothing, and not very much of the Spring/Summer garments- BIG MISTAKE! Stores typically start carrying new Cruise/ Resort Collections in December, and new Spring arrivals by mid to end of January. I really should've started making new Spring pieces by the end of January but for some reason I had let it slipped my mind. Anyhow, I went searching for new fabrics this week, pattern drafted, and sewed up these new pieces this weekend, and they are now on Etsy. Hope these new pieces will generate sales soon!

Circle Cut Out Tank


This tank is perfect for Spring and Summer. It is super cute, unique, and fun. The fabric is made out of cut out cotton with tulle backing. I have finished the armholes and neckline with bias tape for a cleaner and sharper look. It also features curved hem at front and back. The elastic at the back gives a bit of edge and allows the wearer to slip it on easier. Wear it on its own, layer it with a colorful tank, or over a bikini.

Floral Cotton Shift Dress


I kept the design of this shift dress fairly simple and classic because the fabric itself is just so beautiful! It is textured with a floral pattern. The seams inside have been bias bound for a clean, sharp finish. It finishes above the knees and looks great with a pair of flats, sandals, or heels. This dress is timeless, very comfortable and easy to wear.

No comments: